[Debconf-team] DebConf newbees for DC13 (Re: Debian participation into GNOME Outreach Program for Women

Hi,

for those wanting to do DebConf newbees again this year or are wondering if
it's feasable, the short summary is: yes (if...).

On Freitag, 5. April 2013, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote in another thread on
debian-women@l.d.o:
> The bottleneck to the viability of DebConf newbies have
> historically been 1) someone taking care of the initiative (announcing
> it ahead of time, reviewing applicants, etc.) and 2) coordination with
> regular DebConf applications (ideally, "newbies" could just be a
> category of regular applicants, that is somehow favored when doing
> travel sponsoring decisions).  [...]
>
> So, if people want to have DebConf newbies happen again, do not worry
> about money, rather volunteer to help out the DebConf team to make it
> happen from an organization POV!

IOW: Stefano, our soon to be former DPL, considers DebConf newbees important
and useful enough to dedicate regular Debian funds to it, if needed. I
thankfully agree.

cheers,
	Holger