[Debconf-team] DebConf contract with Le Camp to be signed

Hi all,

First of all: I am not making this mail a formal announcement as it
should be read as "no news, everything goes as planned". Yes, we come
from a very heated controversy, but sending this message to -team
only, I am trying not to fan the flames - which have been kept
pleasantly under control for the past few days. In any case, most
people interested in following up with the organization will be
following this list. And we have a mail more in a draft state that
will more fully present this as a proper announcement - You should not
have to wait long for it.

But in any case: Again, read this as "no news, everything goes as
planned".

This means, we had a long time discussing about advantages and
disadvantages of Le Camp, and weighing in the positions stated by
several people. We have tried to do this in the calmest, most
responsible way possible. And yes, although no decision process can be
seen as perfect, the DebConf chairs (Moray Allan, Holger Levsen and
myself) believe the Le Camp proposal, as reflected by the contract in
its current form, is a good and responsible proposition, and authorize
it to be signed.

Many details regarding how this conference will be organized,
including such basic details as the duration (even existence) of
DebCamp, or possible ways to get more flexible accomodation schemes
will continue to be looked into.

So... Well, this message is being sent basically because an explicit
OK was repeatedly requested from us. So, here it is: Gaudenz, Philipp,
please *do* sign and send the contract at your earliest convenience to
Le Camp!

If you want to further discuss the topic, please wait a bit (I hope
that ≤24h) for a longer, more complete mail to be sent by us.

Thanks a lot, and lets keep on working — And, see you in Le Camp!

       	 - Gunnar Wolf
	   On behalf of the DebConf chairs.