Re: [Debconf-team] privacy for women at le camp

Hi!

On Tue, Dec 04, 2012 at 11:59:27AM +0100, Thomas Koch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> could somebody please point to a wiki page (write first) that explains the
> shower/toilets/bedrooms plan for women at le camp?
>
> Is it possible to have mixed houses and still have different bedrooms, showers
> and toilets for women?
>
> Or should we reserve one house for women? Which one? I'd propose to reserve
> the best house with the smallest rooms for women. Women should still not pay
>more for the smaller rooms IMHO.

First, I think this goes in both ways, there also men who don't want to share
shower/WC with women[1]. We have also people who don't want to share bathroom
with anybody else, but le camp doesn't cater for them.

The problem is not exactly sharing them, it is in some of the buildings the
privacy in the provided bathroom seem to be inexistant, with a curtain and
just the showering space where you do not have space for dressing.
I don't think segregating by building is the solution since plenty of people
want to be with partners or friend who are not of the same sex. The only solution
here is putting people with privacy concerns (with respect showering) in the
newer (and nicer) buildings that seem to have this kind of closed showers
(I'm not sure about this, this is what the localteam claims).
I'm not sure we have space for everybody with concerns in the nicer
buildings and more importantly, we can not solve the problem we'll have
if most of the people in a building want to shower in about the same time,
like in the mornings before breakfast.

[1] I'm very sorry for the very simplistic division of gender/sex here. But
I'm sure in a place with more bathrooms we wouldn't have any problem like
was the case in previous years.