Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf-discuss] Information about accommodation at le camp (photos and plans) ·

On 2012-12-01 00:27, gregor herrmann wrote:
I find it quite irritating and disturbing that it's called "threats"
when some people explain honestly and transparently in advance "I'm
happy to work under cirumcstances foo but not under cirumstances bar"
(instead of just showing the finger and letting others pick up the
pieces after the fact).

For me "to threaten to resign" is a standard phrase, which does not automatically include any negative judgement on the one who says that they will resign (it's a fairly common phrase in political contexts).

If I said myself that I would resign over some issue, I would be happy to describe that, or to hear that described, as a "threat to resign", without imagining that this meant I was trying to behave in any evil or menacing manner as you seem to be interpreting the phrase.

--
Moray