Re: [Debconf-team] Budget tradeoffs vs amount of fundraising

Hi,

On Donnerstag, 1. November 2012, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> Thanks for your analysis.

indeed, thanks a lot!

> I don't think the DC12 numbers are a good point of reference. For DC12
> looking for sponsors started very late (around March IIRC). We still
> have more than double the time to look for sponsors.

yes, that...

> Also the
> possiblities to find local sponsors in Nicaragua and Switzerland are not
> the same.

...and even more this!

Last year several potential sponsors basically laughed at me, when I told them
"Nicaragua" and were quite relieved when then said "next year it will be
Switzerland". This central european location is way more attractive to
sponsors.

And definitly, just like for DebConf7, we'll need several rounds of efforts
getting sponsors: doing everything we can, and then do it again.

And for this comparison, please redo the comparison based on the DC10 numbers
instead. And thanks already! ;-)

cheers,
	Holger