Re: [Debconf-team] Website restyle

Hi Allison

Thanks for working on the page.

Allison Randal <allison@lohutok.net> writes:

> I've checked in a restyle on the dc13 website. Just theme changes so
> far, no content changes. I went for a red & white theme, inspired by the
> logo. All contributions or changes gladly welcomed. :)
>
> I'll do some Information Architecture work next, organizing menus and
> such. Then run through pages and make sure they're updated for 2013.
>
> One notable thing is that the site currently offers translations in
> Spanish when I'm guessing it should offer German, French, Italian, and
> Romansh. There's some templating work there, but also input needed from
> locals. (I can run pages through Google translate for a first
> approximation, but they'll need to be fixed up by a native speaker.)

For now I think it's OK to just have an englisch page. As soon as we are
sure if the venue will be either in the german or french speaking part
we probably want to translate to this language. The other three
languages are nice to have but IMO not essential. It may be very hard to
find someone to translate it to Romansh, sadly. I don't know any Free
Software people knowing that language.

> Also, many of the sponsor logos have a bluish background applied from
> last year. We'll need updated versions of the logos for the returning
> sponsors. (I managed to fetch transparent-background logos from past
> years for the "Permanent sponsors".)

As we don't have any sponsors yet, I don't think we should put any
sponsors logos onto the site. So just removeing the one from last your
from the design is fine.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.