Re: [Debconf-team] Balmer's - checklist questions/disability access

Hi Daniel,

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 09:25:13AM +0200, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> I ran the checklist questions past Balmer's, they've come back to us
> with the following detail:
>
> hostel building: over 100 years old, they can therefore make no
> commitment to compete with a modern purpose-built building on ease of access
>
> motel tents: as these are all at ground level, they may or may not be
> suitable.  We need to evaluate for ourselves.
>
> I don't want to guess at the special needs of people in wheelchairs and
> all the other types of disability.  Do we have anyone in the team who
> can scrutinize this properly and help us make the right planning based
> on this information?

Here's a start point:
http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf12/AccessibilityChecklist

This checklist may sound a bit exaggerated, but can give you an idea about the
general needs, mainly concerning measures.

> I'm bringing my camera on Friday so we can photograph the facilities,
> particularly the tent site facilities, for other people to review.

Great!

Regards,

  .''`.  Tiago Bortoletto Vaz                         GPG  :      1024D/A504FECA
 : :' :  http://acaia.ca/~tiago                       XMPP : tiago at jabber.org
 `. `'   tiago at debian.org                          IRC  :       tiago at OFTC
   `-    Debian GNU/Linux - The Universal OS               http://www.debian.org