Re: [Debconf-team] thoughts on Le Camp contract and budget

On 2012-10-22 14:20, Richard Darst wrote:
First, "debconf always finds a way" is what we generally accept, and I
think this is true.

On the other hand, we historically aren't that good at raising
unbounded sums of money globally.

Indeed. We're not especially good at raising money, which requires a rather different skillset to the typical Debian person's, but very good at the lateral thinking required to invent strange conference arrangements outside typical conference venues and make them work.

(In addition, it's been my view for several years now that standard conference venues won't work as well for DebConf even if we can afford them, as our requirements are just too different, and places that host many conferences get confused/upset by our strange demands and our failure to conform to what they expect.)

--
Moray