Re: [Debconf-team] DC13 cost reduction / additional income idea 2 - food

Ohh... good points.

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 07:33:25AM +0200, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> I just want to emphasize that although I have contributed some comments
> on self-cooking, I am not arguing that it is a `magic solution' or that
> it is desirable
>     http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/SelfCooking
>
> But I think it belongs in this discussion about food
>
> Just to clarify the alternatives, it is not
>     food vs. self-cook vs. find it yourself
>
> There are many hybrid options, e.g. at Interlaken (and potentially other
> venues), breakfast can be provided at a low cost by a
> hostel/accommodation provider.
>
> For hostels/hotels that charge for breakfast, it would be interesting to
> know how many people are satisfied with cereal rather than a cooked
> breakfast.  Just having some large cereal boxes and a fridge for milk,
> some fruit, bread, etc might cover breakfast at low cost.

Actually, this would make a lot of sense for breakfast.  Considering
breakfast is the meal that is most often not included, just setting
out a bunch of bagels and coffee and toppings every day would make
sense (and not be repetitive).  As long as they can set out as much as
we need, not enough for everyone.

Speaking of which: has le camp been asked about an option without
breakfast?  (I am sure I've done it before but forgot the answer.
It's a shame they won't make such simple accommodations for us...)

- Richard