Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf13 fundraising page

Hi there!

On Mon, 22 Oct 2012 13:39:32 +0200, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> On 22/10/12 13:19, Raphael Walther wrote:
>> Le lundi 22 octobre 2012 à 12:37 +0200, Daniel Pocock a écrit :
>>> I've added a fundraising wiki page:
>>>
>>>   http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Fundraising
>>>
>>> I've added the links I found for Interlaken and also the link supplied
>>> by Raphael.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have links for the Swiss foundations that have been mentioned?
>>
>> I think there is already a list of potential sponsors in a private SVN
>> repository called debconf-team but I don't have the right to use it at
>> the moment. I have just requested an access to the private repository.
>>

> I agree that individual sponsor contact details should not go on the
> public wiki
>
> However, I think it is reasonable to use the wiki for

There is a specific procedure for fundraising, which uses the
debconf.org resources:

  <http://www.debconf.org/resources.shtml>

> a) planning the fundraising,
> b) ideas to help people think of sponsors,
> c) listing possible contacts with official agencies,
> d) allocating things to individuals (e.g. to put your name next to the
> Neuchatel link)

You are basically duplicating the effort tracked in the private
repository, which is private for a reason: contact details, being
official agencies or not, should stay private if otherwise stated, at
least to void spam.

And please look in the mailing list archive or ask before starting yet
another page, since we did a similar brainstorming almost one year ago:

  <http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Switzerland/minutes-20111116#Possible_sponsors>

Just FYI: despite I have not finished yet, I have already added to the
private repository the details of most of the possible sponsors on the
list just above.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca