Re: [Debconf-team] Le Camp contract, 2012-09-27

On 05/10/12 11:51, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Freitag, 5. Oktober 2012, Philipp Hug wrote:
>> For me there are two problems:
>> * Food must be by meals consumed and not full board. And if there's an
>> option that we don't need to take the food from them, I would just have the
>> number of meals removed from the contract. e.g. by saying: food can be
>> ordered n days before. price according official price list.
>> * Cancellation fee is too high as it also includes food. IMO it should only
>> base on accomodation. (the minimum amount we pay, when nobody arrives)
>
> +1

I think we also have to think about it from their point of view, to work
out why we keep getting stuck on these points.

For example, maybe their chef and cooking staff are permanent employees,
and they have to pay all the wages no matter what happens (unless all
those employees take annual leave during DebConf)

If their business model is really so rigid and inflexible, time spent
trying to negotiate may just be time wasted, time that could have been
spent finding alternatives.