Re: [Debconf-team] front desk related documents (ledger/food ticket sales)

On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 05:02:47PM -0600, Henning Sprang wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 2:03 PM, Richard Darst <rkd@zgib.net> wrote:
> > Anyway, these are just to get something started, to encourage better
> > tracking this year than past years.
> >
> > Henning is the on-site accountant and can work to make the actual
> > procedures.
> >

> Thanks for the helpful forms so far!
>
> I wonder about making one more form for collecting reimbursement data
> to fulfil the needs of information stated in [[Accounting]]  - for
> reimbursement requests that will be paid via Banktransfer(if that
> happens - will it?!) we will also want to add account information and
> contact data.

About to have to run, but...

to get money out of FFIS, you have this
  http://www.ffis.de/Verein/Reimbursement.ps
SPI has a similar form
  http://www.spi-inc.org/treasurer/SPI_reimbursement_request.pdf
and those are *only* to get money out of their bank accounts. ISIC may
have its own.

DebConf doesn't have it's own form, as it's not a legal entity itself.
Perhaps you could make one.  Perhaps you could use that of ISIC.  If
the debconf cash isn't being counted as the assets/income of any legal
entiety, then perhaps it won't need forms.  I am not one to want extra
paperwork that isn't needed.  You all should discuss.

About the info requested in [[Accounting]], I would just be as low key
as possible.  It is designed to just be what is needed to classify
things in ledger, and to keep things as un-bureaucratic as possible.

So, I might recommend people just send you the info from
[[Accounting]] first, and they tell you how they want to be
reimbursed, then you point them to the proper form (or no form, if
that's possible).

> Plus as stated in IRC, any expense above some amount(which exactly, is
> the question to the chairs) must be authorized by someone(who
> exactly?) and that should be recorded, e.g. by signature.
>
> ... off to do that, suggestions welcome...

I would say, there should be a meeting where authorization of
purchases of different types are delegated to various people, probably
local + global people.  It would make sense to have Henning be an
authorize of small things.

- Richard