[Debconf-team] Final hotel numbers

Hello -team,

We have a meeting with Seminole Hotel tomorrow at 1pm (17UTC) and I wanted to check with you the final numbers for govt sponsored DebCamp accomodation so we can make the reservation. According to [0] we have 84 people (67 sponsored accommodation+17 pro/corporate):

Date of arrival/Nights
> 2012-07-01(Sun)    46        6
> 2012-07-02(Mon)     9        5
> 2012-07-03(Tue)     3        4
> 2012-07-04(Wed)    11        3
> 2012-07-05(Thu)     6        2
> 2012-07-06(Fri)     9        1

Total person-room-nights covered by govt sponsorship: 387

Reservation for DebConf:

> 84 people*8 nights = 672 nights payed by us at Seminole Hotel
> In USD dollars: 672*29.99 = $20513.28

In addition to this, we have 80 people arriving the 7th. and 8th. (46 sponsored accommodation+34 pro/corporate):

Date of arrival/Nights
> 2012-07-07(Sat)   40        8
> 2012-07-08(Sun)   40        7

> (40*8)+(40*7) = 600 person-room-nights payed by us at $hotel_of_our_choice
> The total number is a bit overestimated as I'm assuming that *everybody* is staying until the 15th.

Actually, the total number of accommodated people starts going down on the 9th.

People leaving hotels
> 2012-07-09(Mon)    2
> 2012-07-10(Tue)    1
> 2012-07-11(Wed)    3
> 2012-07-12(Thu)    3
> 2012-07-13(Fri)    3
> 2012-07-14(Sat)   27
> 2012-07-15(Sun)  123

So, I have two very important questions for you:

1. How many rooms are you comfortable with booking at Seminole and how many at other $hotels for both DebCamp/DebConf?
2. If Seminole give us the same $29.99/pp rate for people coming on the 7th. (or after), should we make the reservation/try to fit as many people as we can in that hotel and the rest in the smaller ones?

Cheers,

[0] - http://debconf-data.alioth.debian.org/stats/rooms-by-date-2.txt