Re: [Debconf-team] budget and number of attendees

Hi,

On Sonntag, 10. Juni 2012, Richard Darst wrote:
> We should:
> - Let these people know they are going to need to pay, estimate the
> costs, add it to our budget, (optionally move them into professinal if
> that's how we want to handle it)
>
> - Let them know they won't have accom and mark them in penta as not
> having accom.
>
> At least that's my opinion.

Yes. We might also ask them what they intended, given they are Debian
contributors we want to attend.

Also as Richard wrote elsewhere:

> Also, by the way, we have database logs so that we can see when people
> first registered (debconf-data:penta/private/find-changes.py).  So we
> can tell when they first registered, if they ask for an exception.
> Every year, some people attempt to register properly but penta or
> their browser somehow breaks it in a non-obvious way.  For people like
> debian project members, we can help them here.

so I think we should be able to work this out reasonable.

> Unless this gets done, we can't properly do the reconfirmation
> procedure - as in, peolpe will have reconfirmed, but we still won't be
> able to get final numbers for accom/budget purposes.

Yes, so this is urgent and should be done ASAP, and not after registration as
Felix suggested.

cheers,
	Holger