Re: [Debconf-team] Government is supporting DebConf12

Felix Delattre dijo [Sat, Jun 02, 2012 at 12:59:04PM -0600]:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to inform you that we had several meetings with the government.
> At the beginning they have been very slow and we could not see real
> interest in supporting DebConf12. But after a meeting last week with the
> son of the president things have changed a lot and it looks like we have
> another strong supporter/sponsor.
>
> With this mail I'm sending you the state of collaboration like discussed
> in a meeting yesterday with representatives of the government.
> (...)

WOW.

I double-checked the date. It is not April 1st, December 28th, nor any
other well-known prank date. I have no way to explain what you are
telling us. It's way beyond great news! It seems that, after so many
years of miraclously solving hard spots, we still cannot accept "there
will be no problem" as a true promise.

I'm now only missing a photo with Daniel Ortega for my collection ;-)

Great job!