Re: [Debconf-team] Registration: Are we sticking with Pentabarf, or leaving it behind?

Gunnar Wolf dijo [Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 05:44:42PM -0600]:
> > After the global team meeting today we want to revive the discussion on
> > the dates for opening register, and deadlines for (travel, sleep and
> > food) sponsorship application and talk submission.
>
> It's time for us to consider a basic point for those dates and
> deadlines.
> (...)
> What is my opinion here? I think moving over to Frab would be a net
> win. However, I don't think we can commit to doing it during the
> next ~two months (at least, I most probably won't). This is a task
> that should be done with enough time and testing to catch many corner
> cases. Specially if we want to import all of the history since 2007
> and not lose even one Assassins kill.
>
> So, if you have anything to say in this regard, please do so. Now. I
> committed to determining a week from now whether we are sticking to
> the Pentabarf Goddess or we go Frab ourselves instead. Or we could go
> another route, if you suggest an alternate implementation.

Ok, just summing this up: Many people (me included) want to switch
away from Penta. however, nobody has said "I will help make this
possible in time for DC12" (much even less acted accordingly). So, I
expect to start setting up Pentabarf later today.

I am *not* announcing that registrations are open, just that they will
soon be :)