Re: [Debconf-team] Dates for (sponsored) registration and cfp

After the global team meeting today we want to revive the discussion on
the dates for opening register, and deadlines for (travel, sleep and
food) sponsorship application and talk submission.

Summarizing:

On 02/25/2012 09:19 PM, Leandro Gómez wrote:
> I would prefer to open registration earlier (mid-March?) . June/July
> is high season in Nicaragua and we should confirm/block hotels early May.

In the meeting today [1] was decided:
#info We should decide in the next week if we would like to switch to a
new system from penta -- and a deadline by which the new system would
have to be ready, or we would revert to penta

So registration opening date is going to be defined within one week from
now. What about the other dates?
I just added a small comparison about the dates of the last two years'
DebConfs [2].

Cheers,
Felix

[1]
http://meetbot.debian.net/debconf-team/2012/debconf-team.2012-03-07-18.05.txt

[2] Comparison of dates, all times are calculated to the first day of
DebCamp (which would be in our case 1. of July):

* DebConf11
Registration open:  3 months and 9 days
Paper submission deadline: 2 months and 28 days
Sponsorship deadline:  2 months and 9 days

* DebConf10
Registration open:  3 months and 10 days
Paper submission deadline: 2 months and 2 weeks
Sponsorship deadline:  1 month and 5 days