[Debconf-team] Menus on Debconf main site and Blog

Hi,

I just discovered the blog [1] as part of our instruments - which
therefore we haven't really used before. So I started making necessary
changes about the links in the header etc... Looking around, I  saw
minor things to improve and I have a few suggestions about little
changes to the main website and the blog. I'm not sure if I can do such
things just like this or if I have to ask for permission:

* I think it would be good to consolidate the menus on debconf.org and
blog.debconf.org. It is just confusing that they are changing, but
almost everything (design and some links) keep the same.

* Can we be a little bit more friendly to our visitors? There are some
things in a menu you usually wouldn't expect. These are mailto-links and
a link to a different site (debconf12.dc.o). Not all (especially some of
the sponsors) are not geeks and could easily get confused. I'd suggest
to create new pages for the "sponsors" and "contact us" link. There we
should have small texts with some explanation.

* The external link to the anual DebConf site i'd place in the same row
but floated to the left and with a yellow/orange * background.

Can I just proceed?`Or are there other thoughts? Can I do such changes
or should I ask before?

Cheers,
Felix

[1] http://blog.debconf.org/blog/