Re: [Debconf-team] Sponsor logo position on website

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 8:59 AM, Moray Allan <moray@sermisy.org> wrote:
> The problem is, it's not about "if somebody wants to see them": the
> logos need to be clearly displayed to all website users.  At the
> moment most probably won't scroll down far enough to see them, and so
> this doesn't satisfy what we promise the sponsors.

There's no point having a big discussion here: the logos need to be
visible, without the need to scroll beyond the main page content.

I'm sorry if this should have been pointed out months ago, but, since
the logos have been immediately visible (in a sidebar) since DebConf4,
I didn't imagine anyone would think it sensible to hide them offscreen
in the page footer.  If the logos were in the footer in the website
mockup, I must have failed to notice them there, and so assumed the
mockup just didn't bother to include the logos!

I realise that in the traditional design they're not all visible
immediately, but that's a compromise, not a feature.  The
highest-level sponsors *have* been visible immediately, and it was, at
least, obvious to scroll down to see the others.

--
Moray