Re: [Debconf-team] Sponsor logo position on website

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 7:56 AM, Felix Delattre <linux@delattre.de> wrote:

Do you really think that the position of the logos on the website is
important for possible sponsors for their decision about sponsoring or
not? Would it be an option to get only platin sponsors to the top? Any
ideas on how to resolve this? Leo, main designer, what do you think?

Changing the position of the logos will require to rethink a lot of things and make a new design proposal of the website, it will take a lot of time and energy we could use on other things.

IMHO, the new position of the logos (in the footer, rather in the sidebar) is way much better. It looks much nicer and it doesn't break the design. But I also understand Moray's concern, so I want to propose the following:

- Keep sponsor logos in the footer
- Put Platinum sponsor in a box in the sidebar
- Put additional box below with rotating gold and silver sponsor logos
- Make a sponsors page with the logos of all sponsors (maybe with a prominent sponsors button/link on all pages)

Cheers,