Re: [Debconf-team] Call for volunteers to join DebConf Committee

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 7:34 PM, Moray Allan <moray@sermisy.org> wrote:
> The DebConf chairs are looking for additional people to join the
> DebConf Committee, in time to help break any tie that emerges in the
> DebConf13 decision process.

A couple of points in passing, since we don't discuss the DebConf
Committee often:

As a generalisation, most members of the Committee should be expected
to be part of it for several years, though this isn't a requirement.

I suggest we try to keep the Committee membership geographically
dispersed, reflecting the wide range of dispersal of DDs, to avoid
self-perpetuation.

I'd like to see a gradual but continual inflow of Committee members,
with people who've worked locally on an individual DebConf joining to
add their experience, as well as enthusiastic attendees.  In the long
term I'd expect this yearly inflow to roughly balance the number of
members who retire, but it would be fine for the Committee to
gradually grow for a few years first.

--
Moray