Re: [Debconf-team] reports from Le Camp "BSP", part 3: irc meeting(s) on the internet

(I'm sorry, even if I'm answering at several mails/threads, I'm
somewhat at a loss regarding the time by which each mail has been
sent... I'm trying to read whole threads before replying to them, but
mails in parallel threads escape me :-/ )

Moray Allan dijo [Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 12:09:38AM +0000]:
> I would hope so.  But unfortunately it's premature to make any
> "final" decision until there is at least one plausible option
> presented, including among other things a plausible budget.  Richard
> just started a new budget discussion, and I think someone who was at
> the non-BSP will post something from there; I would be surprised if
> discussion on that topic is complete this week.
>
> Once a plausible budget is put together by the team, the next stage
> (of the previously agreed process) is to present it to the DPL for
> approval. (That is meant to happen before anything is confirmed as
> definite to suppliers/venues, obviously.)

I guess that with Richard's mails on the expectable levels of
sponsorship we can acquire, and with the sponsor acquisition activity
just starting to bear fruit, I am (slightly) more at ease. Yes, the
budget has not yet been approved, but we *did* manage to get some
important reductions on the global costs.

> Yes -- as has been said, it's late already.  And the best way to
> show that any of the possible Swiss budgets are plausible would be
> to quickly get some promises of cash from non-repeat sponsors, to
> demonstrate that we can expect the sponsorship income to be greater
> than the last few years.

Right. I am really expecting to see some national sponsors. The only
ones really needing us to settle the venue are the respective cantons
— And I hope not to be too naïve, but I'm holding quite high
expectations on it.