Re: [Debconf-team] A better budget analysis

On 30/10/12 14:23, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Dienstag, 30. Oktober 2012, Michael Banck wrote:
>> I don't think that would be a problem, but I think it would also be
>> problematic to put professionals into dorms.  As I understand, there are
>> only a limited amount of other rooms (how many?) which we could use for
>> professionals (who would pay more).
>
> there is only one dorm (with 32 sleeping places).
>
> the rest are regular rooms with beds. (though I agree people who pay should
> get a 2 or 4 people room, if they want to.)

Just to clarify,

a) my comment was not about how we accommodate people who pay (although
it is a valid issue for discussion), it was purely about whether the fee
should be linked to the actual bed/meal costs

b) the budget analysis was also not speculating about how many people
will actually pay, it appears to be more of an `expenditure' analysis
only.  The issue of revenue and how many will pay the fee is very
interesting.

It may be worth surveying those people who paid the fee in the last 2 years:

- do they prefer to only pay `actual per-person cost', or paying a full
600 CHF is OK for them?

- what do they think about the accommodation proposals?  As they are the
ones paying, these people should be listened to very closely when
choosing between Interlaken and Le Camp.

- would they prefer to pay a lower fee (meals only, for example) and
sleep off site?