Re: [Debconf-team] DC13 cost reduction / additional income idea 3 -?bed upselling

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 11:04:53AM +0100, Moray Allan wrote:
> On 2012-10-24 23:01, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> >*** Bed upselling ***
> >
> >At both currently proposed locations there are several different
> >qualities of beds (smaller rooms, more comfort, tent vs. indoors). We
> >could just provide the lowest category of beds to sponsored people
> >and
> >ask anyone wanting a better bed to pay extra.
>
> We have done similar things before, and I think it's ok in
> principle, but we need to be careful about not upsetting attendees
> by getting practical details wrong.

The idea is not bad. As Moray said, we have done something similar before
and getting it right will require special attention in the registration in
$PENTA_REPLACEMENT plus extra eyes when doing the room allocation.
Also, we might have a lot of more demand of 'better' accommodation than
we're able to provide.

BTW, I don't remember us mentioning anywhere but some people when paying
the profesional or corporate fees expect to have a better bed/room. Specially
those paying the corporate fee.

Ana