Re: [Debconf-team] Budget in the DebConf13 sponsorship brochure

Hi there!

On Fri, 05 Oct 2012 12:00:49 +0200, Philipp Hug wrote:
>> DebConf has evolved from humble beginnings in Bordeaux, France (2000)
>> with 30 attendees and virtually no budget, to recent years where we
>> accommodate an average of 250 attendees and calculate with a budget of
>> around 215,000.00 CHF.  DebConf13 is a challenge, as Switzerland is a
>> demanding destination in terms of cost. \textbf{We have secured
>>   lodging for 22.00 CHF a night} and we are working on arranging
>> catering at 14.00 CHF a meal.
>>
>> Should we change the above to something more recent?  Philipp, you are
>> taking care of the budget: any comment?
>>
>> My current budget draft is at CHF 225'000 (including 30k for travel
> sponsorship) and assuming we pay food by meal.
> And we'll probably still reduce some of the expenses, so mentioning a
> budget of about 210k is a good guess.

OK, fixed.

> I would just remove the "We have secured" with the accomodation and food
> prices or do you think this is really needed?

I copied it from DebConf10 brochure and if we had those prices IMHO it
would be a good point since it gives the idea of where we are.  We do
not have (yet) such prices, so I removed it in r3740:

  <http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debconf-data?view=revision&revision=3740>

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca