Re: [Debconf-team] Le Camp contract, 2012-09-27

Luca Capello <luca@pca.it> writes:

> Hi there!
>
> On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 16:29:18 +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
>> until when wants Le Camp us to sign the contract?
>
> Sorry, I missed this question.
>
> I actually do not know: from my understanding they wanted us to sign it
> ASAP, but then I have not had any contact since the last contract they
> send me.
>
> I should admit that I have lost track of what is OK and what is not: if
> someone has comments, can she/he reply to this email, so I can go back
> to Le Camp and fix what is needed?  If we have a clear list, I will go
> there in person, so we will end this email ping-pong.

I think we all lost a bit track of the current status. For my part I was
still waiting for the latest contract proposal to be commited to SVN and
maybe roughly translated to english. The version in SVN is still from
August. Is this the latest proposal?

>From my point of view the main open points are about the meals. Last I
heard it sounded like we have to pay them for all persons accomodated at
Le Camp regardless if they are actually consumed or not except for the
departuer and arrival day. This is significantly worse than what was
discussed at our last meeting at Le Camp. Another option I would like to
know if it's possible to have the pic-nic style lunch on all days. So we
offer only one hot meal and for lunch people can just make sandwiches.

The other open point is the conditions if we want to shorten (now)
DebConf and DebCamp. Also I think we should clearly communicate to them
that we only consider this because of the price. Maybe they can offer us
something if they realize that otherwise they might just loose the whole
contract.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.