[Debconf-team] DebConf resource access (was SVN -> GIT migration)

Hi

Starting a new thread as this has only little to do with the original
topic. I would like to separate the technical part of migration to GIT
from the administrative part of defining a policy about granting access
to DebConf resources. This mail is only about the administrative part. I
think there was general consensus about this. For the technical part
it's still unclear to me if there really is enough consensus or not.

Gaudenz Steinlin <gaudenz@debian.org> writes:
> * Repository access
> During the DebConf organization BoF at DebConf 12 the following proposal
> was made:
> - Keep the current debconf-data and debconf-team Alioth project. No per
>   year projects.
> - All the new git repositories created from the debconf-data SVN are
>   writeable by the debconf-data Alioth group (public read access). All
>   repositories from the debconf-team SVN are only readable and writeable
>   for the debconf-team group. The debconf-team group has access to all
>   previous DebConfs files.  No fine grained access control with ACLs
>   is put in place.
> - Each year a trusted member of the local organizers is added as an
>   admin to both projects. This admin is free to add local team members
>   to both projects as needed.
> - Each year the previous years admin is removed again and the members
>   list of the debconf-team project is reviewed. All members that no
>   longer need access are removed.
> - Really confidential data should not be put in any of the two
>   repositories.

As there was no opposition to this I create a wiki page which should
define this policy in the DebConf Manual category [1]. I extended the
policy from the subversion projects to all DebConf private resources.
The most prominent of these are the various sponsors communication
channels (RT, IRC, mailinglist) and Penta. IMHO it makes sense to apply
the same principles there. If people agree I'd like to implement this by
adding one of the DD's in the Swiss local team as an admin to all these
projects. I volunteer for this, but if the current admins prefer to
trust anotherone I'm fine with that. The other candidates are Didier
Raboud (OdyX), Luca Capello (gismo), Philipp Hug (hug) and Giaccomo
Catenazzi (cate).

Gaudenz

[1] http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Resources

--