Re: [Debconf-team] Transfering DC12 funds to Nicaragua

[Removing kasse@ for this SPI-specific reply]

Hi Norman,

On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 08:44:38AM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> I'm not sure, or rather, I dont think, ffis can just transfer money to ISIC,
> "without anything". So I'm cc:ing them.
>
> That said, do you have invoices from the hotel, food, etc, that we can pass to
> ffis?

This applies to SPI as well. Any organization with SPI's US tax status can't
generally transfer money or other assets to organizations without that US tax
status, except with complicated oversight arrangements OR to pay acceptable
documented expenses. Everything you listed would be an acceptable expense.

So for SPI as well, you should submit invoices for the expenses which it should
pay. As for which organization should be on the invoice, the important thing is
that SPI ends up with proof of why they paid the money to the recipient, and if
the recipient is an intermediary like ISIC instead of the ultimate vendor, what
they used it for. I'm sure DebConf, ISIC, and SPI can achieve that reasonably.
:)

treasurer@spi-inc.org is the contact email, and our Treasurer (Michael
Schultheiss) uses the IRC nicks schultmc and schultmc_ .

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org