[Debconf-team] Summary of today's meetings

Dear DebConf Team!

Today we had several DebConf 12 meetings, here is a short summary:

1. Meeting with network admin of UCA
* We can use their fiber connections through the university to all aulas, server rooms and hacklabs. * But we will need a 5 port fiber switch. Holger asked for someone to bring it on debconf-team@lists.debconf.org * We need to setup our own WLAN, we have 8 buffaloes here and we will need probably 5 more. We don't want a zoo of different types and we want to run OpenWRT on all of them.

2. Meeting with Spanish cultural center
* They have a good space for cheese+wine party with kitchen, room, garden we can use. (Check http://layer-acht.org/fotos/660_Nicaragua_2012/20120504_012_Sm.jpg.214.html and http://layer-acht.org/fotos/660_Nicaragua_2012/20120504_013_Sm.jpg.215.html) * It is about 3KMs away from the UCA, and we would have to organize transportation. * We need to decide a date soon. 9 or 10th of July. 9th has been proposed by the local team.

3. Meeting with uplink provider (Navega)
* They were very nice and are willing to support us but they have to check availability first.
* They have two fiber optic nodes in the room next to our server room.
* We need to contact them again in two weeks. (15th - 20th of May)

4. Meeting with Nicaraguan vice-president office
* Norman had a meeting with the vice-president secretary, she was interested in supporting us. * She arranged a meeting with executive director of CONICYT (Science and IT institute of the government) for next Tuesday at 10am.

Cheers.
Felix