Re: [Debconf-team] Minutes: Meeting with government representative 240412

Hi,

Leandro Gómez dijo [Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 07:14:26PM -0600]:
> Meeting with Erick Rios, government representative
> April 24, 2012, INJUVE
>
> DebConf team: h01ger, xamanu, jimbodoors, leogg
>
> We discussed how they can help us with DebConf:
> (...)

Wow. A *very* thorough and impressive list. Lets see how it all goes -
But it looks very good. I guess this would make the government
(National? INJUVE? ..?) a golden/platinum sponsor..?

The list includes several things which I would not request (i.e. the
VIP lounge), but that will surely not hurt to have :)

> * Day Trip: They can arrange a tour package with the Nicaraguan Institute
> of Tourism (INTUR) for the day trip and a welcome pack for the attendees.

This is just great! :D

> * Tax exemption: Meeting with the General Revenue Service (DGI) for a tax
> exemption letter for DebConf12 (15% sales tax and 2% hotel tax).

I remember you had talked about this as a possibility. Did you take it
into account already for the budget? If not, we are somewhat less poor!

> * DebConf tags: We'll send them the design and they will print them for us

It would even be better if they were able to lend us a color laser
printer - as we will surely need to print all sorts of signs

> * Other: Erick will give us some contacts for:
>
>     * Potential sponsors
>     * Food catering
>     * T-shirts and printing

That's great, hope it comes to concretion!

> * Transportation: Buses for airport shuttle during DebConf and for the Day
> Trip
>
> == Proposed buses and schedule ==
>
>     * 1 wheelchair accessible bus (July 1-15)
>     * 1 bus, July 7th. (08:00-20:00)
>     * 1 bus, July 8th. (08:00-20:00)
>     * 4 buses, July 11th. (whole day)
>     * 1 bus, July 14th. (16:00-19:00)
>     * 1 bus, July 15th. (07:00-13:00)

As I said on IRC, coordinating airport bus schedules can be
problematic and stressful. If we get it, very great :) If we don't, I
would not sweat about it.