Re: [Debconf-team] Reminder: Next global team meeting, 2 December, 18 UTC

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 5:49 AM, Moray Allan <moray@sermisy.org> wrote:
Among the local team news, we need to make some decisions about what
sizes of room we will book (at what prices). �The local team promised
a few days ago to send some details on this to the list before the
meeting, as there was some concern that their previous plan was for
rooms that might be too small for us.

Requested rooms at the venue and proposed changes:
http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf12/Venue

Please see blueprints for sizes and exact location of the rooms:
http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf12/Venue#Blueprints

Quotation from the hotel:
http://people.ubuntu.com/~leogg/debian/Debian_conference_contrato.pdf

Note1: We don't have the new quotation with the proposed changes yet.
Note2: Total cost is about $60K (~$52K+taxes). These prices aren't final. We haven't started negotiations about the final prices yet.

Re hotel rooms:
Prices has not changed since the bid -�http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf12/Bids/Managua/Hotels
We requested more beds per room at Crowne Plaza, but they haven't sent that info yet.
As above, prices are not final.

Re Debian Day:
(via Aura Lila)

Done:
- We have a core team of four people organizing the Debian Day�
- The Poeta conference room was chosen for Debian Day (capacity 350 people)
- We have photos of the conference room and foyer (area for stands); pending upload
- We're currently working on the budget

ToDo:
- Debian Day related artwork�
- CfP and make final schedule for Debian Day with the Talks team�
- Security plan for DebConf; discussed at CP meeting, we'll probably have additional security for video equipment�

Re Accesibility:
Rodrigo had a meeting last week to check the accesibility at the hotel and venue. We'll post the minutes as soon as we have them.

That's all the information we have right now. Sorry for the delay.

Cheers,