Re: [Debconf-team] On-site cash

Quoting Richard Darst (rkd@zgib.net):
> Hi,
>
> Was cash collected from attendees on-site?  Was it given out on-site?
> If so, could I get whatever records there are from this?  More
> detailed is always better, the standard is date, amount, purpose.
>
> If cash was handled on site, what happened to the remainder of it?

Cash was collected to organize and pay for the two buses we rented for
the trip back to Zagreb.

98 persons registered and paid for these buses. In order to cover for
possible missing contributions, the price we established was 25KM or
12.5EUR.

All 98 people did pay their contribution, so we collected
(approximately, sorry, as this was split between KM and EUR)
2450KM. Out of these, 2000KM was used to pay for buses. I am the
person who coordinated that operation. The extra 450KM, or 225EUR,
were left along with debian.ch money, as we announced in advance to
participants of these operations. In short, each of these 98 people
donated 2.296EUR to Debian..:-)

My understanding is that, as the extra money went back, through
debian.ch, to Debian, this is not DebConf money. Still, I wanted to
mention this operation for the sake of transparency.