Re: [Debconf-team] Things to look at in BL [pre-debcamp todo list]

Velimir Iveljic dijo [Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 05:38:51PM +0200]:
> > The hotel is expecting precise numbers for each day in advance.
> > Before we go any further with planing this, the hotel said that all
> > the meals for the people in Bosna will have to be payed since they are
> > included in the reduced price of the room.
> > We can still save some money by making sure we know exactly how many
> > people from other hotels will eat each day.
> >(...)
>
> I just had another talk with the hotel management and was able to
> agree with them to let us give them, exact number of meals for every
> day no mater if people are staying at Bosna or not.
> So basically we need to tell them in one advance how many people will
> eat the next day.
>
> The meals cost 15€ per day (that's 7.5€ for lunch and 7.5€ for dinner).

Umh... I understand they want to prepare the closest possible amount
of food. But given (right?) we are eating in a buffet style, getting
the exact numbers is not only impossible but will also result in no
real difference. I'd like them to agree we cannot give a maybe better
than 10% (about 20 people) error margin. Just as we cannot say that
most people will eat only one course or stand up to get their food
three times.