Re: [Debconf-team] Volunteer at DebConf.

Hi Oded,

On Sonntag, 26. Juni 2011, Oded Naveh wrote:
> I would like to help during - and 'till - DebConf.
>
> I registered my arrival at July 23rd, but can arrive as early as July 21st
> if I can make myself useful.

Yay!

> Please let me know if that would help and if
> there's help needed by any of the teams that may be done remotely before
> arrival.

we're definitly in the need of more help. Things that come to my mind
immediatly are:

- room assignment - arrange who will sleep in which room.
- nametags - nametags need to be printed, turned into nametags to wear and put
		in attendee bags
- attendee bags - this can only be done in Banja Luka
- food tickets or however this will be managed
- day trip - someone needs to push+pull this off
- the videoteam will gladly accept your help during the conf - just doing 2-3
shifts (a shift = a 45min event) will help us greatly

I'm sure there is more work to do, I'll leave that to others to comment.

Also you could join the #debconf-team meeting tomorrow at 19 UTC on
irc.debian.org - generally hanging out there (daily) is a good way to get
involved :-)

I'll hope you'll also have some time for Debian Edu work during DebConf proper
(there will be 3-5 Debian Edu people around!), for now I'm both excited to
meet you again and about your offer to help running the conf as well!

cheers,
	Holger