Re: [Debconf-team] Talks and scheduling update

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 1:13 AM, Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org> wrote:
> No, of course! We currently "opened" two rooms, both of which will
> be recorded/streamed. I put all of the BoFs in the second room, as I
> was told it's better suited, but it does not mean they are less
> important or that they won't have video team.

To clarify on this:

The first talk room is a concert hall, with stage, forward-facing seats, etc.
https://gallery.debconf.org/v/debconf11/trailer/p1060078.jpg.html

The second talk room is a smaller lecture room, with the seats
arranged (fixed) in a circle.  This seems much better suited to
discussions.
https://gallery.debconf.org/v/debconf11/trailer/p1060073.jpg.html

If we need a formally-scheduled third room, we will have to take over
another ground floor room for it -- there is an excellent room
upstairs, but this is not accessible to wheelchairs.  Of course,
groups wanting to hold ad-hoc discussions which happen to only include
participants who can go upstairs could use this, but I think we as
organisers have to assume that any discussion group will potentially
be unable to use this room.
https://gallery.debconf.org/v/debconf11/trailer/p1060093.jpg.html

Permanently taking over another ground floor room for
talks/discussions would, however, cause a trade-off -- it would be
preferable to use all the additional space there for hacklabs, to
avoid having most hacklab space upstairs and inaccessible to
wheelchairs.

(In addition, while we wouldn't schedule events there, I imagine a lot
of groups might want to meet for informal discussions in the outside
seating of the café-bar between the venue and the hotel.)

--
Moray