Re: [Debconf-team] Google in Banja Luka

Hi Christian,

On Fri, 17 Jun 2011 06:45:52 +0200, Christian PERRIER wrote
> Quoting Adnan Hodzic (adnan@foolcontrol.org):
>
> > There are two interested people for this talk/lecture: Guido Trotter
> > and Jesus Climent
> >
> > Guido would be able to stay until Tuesday (26th) while Jesus would be
> > able to stay throughout the conference. Is Debian willing/able to
> > sponsor travel for either of these?
>
> I think (personal opinion) that both would deserve sponsoring to
> attend Debconf even if there wasn't this "Google lecture" event. Both
> of them are sufficiently active in Debian to deserve sponsoring.

Just to be clear, i have nothing against Jesus and Guido and would probably
rate them high for sponsorship due to their activities in Debian. If the case
is that they missed the deadline and are now asking for an exception because
they really want to attend DC11, have plans for DebCamp etc then i would think
like you.

> Of course, this opinion is purely mine and the real stance on it
> should be taken by the sponsoring team.
>
> Did Guido and/or Jesus register to attend?

My opinion is based on the fact they didn't register (sorry if I misunderstood
it). If they registered and asked for sponsorship in time I suggest talksteam
to schedule the talk in penta and ask the sponsorship team to consider this
talk as a plus when rating them.

> I personnally understand the "political" interest in having such talk
> during Debian Day. However, as Tiago said, I think it would be reaaly
> much more relevant if given by someone who attends Debconf anyway
> (just think about BDales' 'HP and Debian' talks).

yep :)

Regards,

--
Tiago Bortoletto Vaz