Re: [Debconf-team] Magazine Ad is ready!

Leandro Gómez <leo.telsen@gmail.com> writes:

> On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 5:59 PM, Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au>wrote:
>
> > Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> writes:

> > Is there another, also correct, formulation that doesn't have all
> > those commas, “and”, “in”, and so on?
> >
> Thank you everybody for your input (and Hector for the logos)! A
> proposed final draft is up at
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21510751/dc11_ad3_F.png

So the above concern wasn't addressed. In English (perhaps in other
languages?) the sentence is very ambiguous about where the DebConf is
happening.

Presumably the intent is to convey that the DebConf is happening in
exactly one country. But the sentence gives the strong impression that
it's happening in multiple different places.

--
 \     “First they came for the verbs, and I said nothing, for verbing |
  `\    weirds language. Then, they arrival for the nouns and I speech |