[Debconf-team] April 25th meeting summary / Next meeting 10 May 19 UTC

Hi,

This is a summary of the April 25 meeting on #debconf-team.  The next
meeting is 10 May 19 UTC.

* Registration
  - Right now we have 203 people registered, 136 requesting a room, 62
    debcamp
  - There is a proposal for extending sponsored registration so that
    debconf can be advertised via talks at two more conferences.  It
    would be ten days or so extension.

* Budget
  - Gov will pay vedors directly, excluding the DIVA step for its
    sponsorship.  (DIVA will still handle other bosnia-local money)
  - Because of this plan, gov can't pay travel sponsorship (unless we
    make some additional special request).
  - DIVA letter was returned

* Decide how much travel sponsorship to have this year
  - Due to the new uncertainty about the budget (gov money not
    counting for travel sponsorship), we can't make a decision now.
  - Not much activity on the fundraising front (help!), Adnan will
    start contacting local sponsors soon.

* Access lists for SPI/FFIS
  - Without the peolpe in charge of these accounts around, we couldn't
    decide much... darst and nattie, at least, can have ffis view
    access for registration purposes.  moray/holger/gwolf can
    authorize spending money?

* t-shirts
  - No one had any concrete plans (and nothing had been announced on
    the lists), so we couldn't decide anything.  But people would like
    to decide on a design sometime.
  - About 2700 EUR including shipping for 400 shirts from our usual
    mexican provider

* day trip
  - Again, with no concrete proposals, we can't say or decide much.
  - Emphasis on having just one trip, not two, and having it be
    accessible.

* special dinner - or not
  - No concrete plan, can't decide anything
  - If gov will pay, we can afford it
  - Special note: not in any conference room, taking down and putting
    up video equipment is too difficult and risky.

* Buses - can we fulfill the promises organizational-wise?
  - Where all will they pick up from?  How often?  What dates?  All
    open questions, though we are told will look at arrival
    information.
  - Someone (not adnan, too much else to do) should look into these things.
  - We will work on it later.

* Next meeting, May 10th, 19 UTC