Re: [Debconf-team] Arrival one day earlier?

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 3:40 AM, Adnan Hodzic <adnan@foolcontrol.org> wrote:
> We need to be flexible, and us not allowing them to do
> this doesn't make us flexible at all.

Someone with time to attend DebCamp already has the flexibility to
arrive any time from Sunday 17th to Sunday 24th without missing
scheduled events.

> After registrations if we see people massively
> registered to arrive earlier/leave later and that we have a financial
> problem then we could revoke this decision.

If we let people choose earlier dates themselves without special
justification, many will -- it's common for people just to pick the
earliest day for sponsored accommodation, and only look at travel
plans much later.  Far more people will be annoyed/inconvenienced if
are too liberal now, and have to 'revoke the decision' later, than by
us keeping the current filter on dates in Penta.

Of course, it may be useful to have a few team people there a day
earlier, but I would expect those to be core local people and perhaps
a few others who are experts on networking.

--
Moray