Re: [Debconf-team] Website related track at next DebConf

On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 15:11 +0100, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder if it would make sense, to speak to the DebConf Orga Team to
> have a track about website and website related topic during the next
> DebConf. This does not mean we will need a full day of talks with that,
> but i would consider it usefull to have also BoF's and round tables to
> various topics.
>
> Not only that we have the new layout to talk about, but also topics like
> SEO, search.debian.org, packages.d.o, changelog.debian.org and so on.
>
> What do you think about this idea?

This is certainly a good idea, we could use more contributors in web the
publishing areas ;-)

Like I did over the last years, I intend to setup a DebianWiki BoF
session.

Beside maintaining and integrating the existing websites (as already
mentioned by Martin and Simon), we also need some contributors to
develop some new "tools", i.e to publish some content from our
distribution. Most of this work could be done in collaboration with the
PTS. For example, we need a reliable manpages.debian.org (oh, let's call
it docs.debian.org and get ready to publish all kind of docs included in
our distributions, including README.Debian, NEWS.Debian ...)
In the wiki, we also maintain quite a few pages that are actually
extraction from Debian package, like supported USB and PCI devices...)
those extraction could/should be automated.

I would be pleased to work on those talk/BoF (with whomever is
interested).

On Thu, 2011-01-20, Simon Paillard wrote:
> Sorry for any potential en_FR.

me too ;-)

Regards,

Franklin