Re: [Debconf-team] Registration

On Fri, Mar 04, 2011 at 10:20:15PM +0100, Velimir Iveljic wrote:
> I'll try and gather as much info as i can before the next debconf-team
> meeting.
>
> A wiki page with the info could be a good idea so that everyone else is able
> to pitch in with the info.
>
> I will create one and post a link as soon as i get to my dorm.

Don't stress too much - this is more of a global team thing, with
local help.

We can start with getting some information about logistics there, such
as that below.  A lot you won't know now, but if you know it'll be
months ahead of time, or a week, or can be changed any time, that will
help.

Then, I'll work on making a wiki page based on what I've learned past
years, and see what the list can add.

- When is the last date to reserve rooms for DebConf? (e.g. last date
  for a new attendee to get a room).

- Do you know what the deadlines and price structure (per meal or per
  week) for food will be?  Do you have an estimate on cost?

- How do you recommend non-sponsored attendees work?  Reserve rooms
  through DebConf, or to the hotels directly?

- How late can we cancel things (hotels, food) for attendees who
  find they can't come.

- Any other restrictions in terms of getting things reserved for
  attendees and collecting payments for non-sponsored attendees (I'm
  sure I am missing a lot).

- Richard