[Debconf-team] Question for DebConf12 bids: Travel costs

It would be good if we could try to get some rough estimates of travel
costs to the proposed venues.  (Ideally each team would check costs to
their own city, and also check that they agree with the estimates for
the other bid city!)

We can't get correct travel costs for 2012 yet, so to avoid argument I
suggest using instead this year's travel dates -- arrive on Sunday 24
August, leave Sunday 31 August.

For those dates, I suggest we initially try to check current prices
from an arbitrary list of destinations:

New York-Managua
Buenos Aires-Managua
Madrid-Managua
Frankfurt-Managua
Mumbai-Managua
Tokyo-Managua
Sydney-Managua

New York-Belo Horizonte
Buenos Aires-Belo Horizonte
Madrid-Belo Horizonte
Frankfurt-Belo Horizonte
Mumbai-Belo Horizonte
Tokyo-Belo Horizonte
Sydney-Belo Horizonte

Anyone with time could help here by checking the prices for one or two
combinations of cities and replying to the thread.  Please give
details of any changes required, and the overall length of the
journey, as well as the price you found.

--
Moray