Re: [Debconf-team] Special sponsorship

Hi,

I think this thread for the very most part totally missed the point.

No matter how the team making decissions is made up, no matter how people
indicate how much money they need why, there always will be wrong + bad
decisions. (And as much as this is unavoidable, it's also definitly worth
improving.)

But, as I said, I think this misses the main point. This whole thread was
mostly about _spending money_ (and several sub-aspects of that).

But the root problem was hardly talked about:

WE NEED TO GATHER MORE MONEY FROM MORE SPONSORS.

Each year we lack funding for a substancial amount (>30%) of travel
sponsorship requests, each year we cannot support people who definitly deserve
travel sponsorship. _This is the real problem_ and it can only be solved by
gathering _more sponsors_.

Discussing how to split the cake if the cake is too little is quite pointless
if you ask me.

So if you want to improve DebConf in this regard, please join the DebConf
sponsors team. Ping Sledge, zumbi or me on irc (or here) if you want to help.
It mostly involves mailing companies, and mailing them again :-)

Thanks.

cheers,
	Holger

P.S.: there was one good suggestion in this thread: