Re: [Debconf-team] Magazine Ad is ready!

Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> Velimir Iveljic:
>> Justin B Rye <jbr@edlug.org.uk> wrote:
>>>  in Republic of Srpska (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
>>
>> better to put the name of the country first, maybe Bosnia and
>> Herzegovina (Republic of Srpska) ??
>
> Sounds more like it. Like "Boston, Massachusetts, USA".

No, that's a demonstration of why it's *wrong*.

"Boston, Massachusets, USA" is "city, state, country", going upwards
in scale; "Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Republic of Srpska"
would imply a claim that B&H is a subcomponent of RoS.

Put them in the order "BL, RoS, B&H"; and then the part I was
suggesting is that you should put the last bit in parentheses so that
it's easy to tell that it's not one single entity called the Republic
of X Y and Z.