Re: [Debconf-team] Magazine Ad is ready!

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 2:38 AM, Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org> wrote:
-=| Velimir Iveljic, Mon, May 30, 2011 at 09:05:03AM +0200 |=-
> The magazine Ad is finished. Since it is too big to be attached i am
> linking it here: http://velimir.foolcontrol.org/dc11/dc11_ad3_B.svg

It looks is nice and catchy. Thanks!

Thank you!

Maybe change 'from around the world' to 'from all over the world'?
(Non-native Englsh speaker here, though)

Some technical notes:

The file size can be reduced from 8.9M to 5.0M by using the 'Vacuum
Defs' function from Inkscape's File menu :)

Thank you for the tip! :)

Removing the hp logo (and vacooming again) reduces the file size
further to 839K. I Can't find an easy way to clean up that logo, it
seems to be using a great amount of SVG objects.

The HP logo was one of nastiest things I had to deal with. If you have a nice and clean SVG of the logo we can replace it. Or use the alternative one-color HP logo? (I'm just guessing - I don't know HP's logo guidelines)

Having the body text converted to curves makes it non-editable. Is
there a reason for this? The font seems rather standard to me.

Sorry, my bad! The font is standard Bitstream Vera Sans.

I assume you want curves for giving that to magazine/printer, but
I think this should be done to a copy of the work doecument. PDF
export in Inkskape can convert text to curves too (and I'd be very
surprised if the printer prefers SVG over PDF).

And finally, why isn't this in debconf-data SVN? :)

Keep up the excellent work!