Re: [Debconf-team] propostal web watch debconf11 with html5

>>> TAB2, is CGI:IRC  on  irc.debian.org  #DebConf11  ..or one channel per
>>> room.
>> I don't think we should provide a web2irc gateway. They are so often
>> misused for trolls, its not nice. How about simply providing a link to
>> one of the known ones (or leaving it out at all and just telling people
>> where to find us).
> As far as I know we had something similar last year (inofficially and
> not heavily advertised), and to the best of my knowledge there wasn't
> any problem.  IMHO having a web2irc thingy available on the website
> would be very usefull.

Somehow "inofficially and not heavily advertised" is a kind of killer
for "wasn't any problem"-its-all-nice-lets-have-it :)

Now, if there is demand from the team to have such a thing - ohwell,
fine. It will *NOT* run on the same as our website (I think we use our
shell machine for it), but if its really wanted Im not fighting this
part of it. My opinion of it still stands, lets see how it gets
out. Worst case it ends up in a kline on the network. :)

--
bye, Joerg
<ribnitz> Ganneff: NM-queue ist das schnellste zu uploadrechten für ein paket,