[Debconf-team] Talk submission: Difference between "Submission notes" / "Abstract" / "Description"

Hi,

as every year the event submission form contains three sections:

  "Submission notes" / "Abstract" / "Description"

I always wonder what the difference might be.  For me the field
"Abstract" is clear.  It should be mandatory.  There might be some use
for "Submission notes" which can be filled with notes to clarify the
abstract or some other stuff but I usually leave it out.

I never made any sense out of this Description field.  So *if* it has
any sense it definitely needs some footnote or some explanation
somewhere else.  Otherwise it should be removed (if it is not yet to
late because people filled in some content).

The confusion about this field makes it harder for the people who
decide about the events later on.

Kind regards

    Andreas.

--