[Debconf-team] Sponsoring people (was: Re: Accommodation details)

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 01:53:49PM -0300, Margarita Manterola wrote:

> Also, on a related note, we would aim to host all the DebConf
> attendees in the hotels.  We have the dorms for free, but they are
> 1.5km away (about a mile, for those with the old measurements in
> mind), they could be used to host the people that wouldn't normally
> qualify as DebConf attendees.

On a personal note, since the bosnian government is giving us so much
money, we should be liberal in funding bosnians to come (within what
is reasonable for keeping future DebConfs financially sound).  This
could probably should mean food, it could also mean hotels.

I'm not proposing a specific plan, just expressing a general sentiment
that we shouldn't just try to maximize surplus for future years.

- richard