[Debconf-team] Meeting minutes from Tuesday March 29th

Hi,

The bot minutes and log are at:

http://meetbot.debian.net/debconf-team/2011/debconf-team.2011-03-29-20.00.html
http://meetbot.debian.net/debconf-team/2011/debconf-team.2011-03-29-20.00.log.html

# DC10 Final report status

   The Final Report is basically done, thanks to Tiago and Tassia,
but, we are waiting on DC9 surplus information to add the last bits
in, but is usuable for sponsor-finding now.

# Sponsorship team status

 *  http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf11/Sponsorship/MediaCoverage
   vedran_omeragic is working on MediaCoverage handout to give to
various local media outlets.

 * It is not needed to finalize the NGO situation in order to start
looking for sponsors. We need to start now.

# Local updates - accommodation

   1. We can get 160 beds at 38 €/night at Hotel Bosna
       Adnan mailed the list afterwards about this.  Of this 160, 80
are single rooms, with "french" beds, so they could be used by
couples, or people staying single, and 40 are double rooms.  So it's
half double, half single/couples.

   2. we also have an offer of dorms that are 1.5 km away for free.

   AGREED: Reserve the 160 beds in hotel Bosna, look for more hotels
in the area.
   Adnan was supposed to look for more hotels yesterday, but the info
he sent didn't include this.

   AbsintheSyringe will tell hotel we want rooms, but not sign or pay
until we get info.

# Local info - food

   1. Everyone can eat in Bosna, even thouse not staying there.
   2. AbsintheSyringe will check tomorrow with hotel about food
service arrangements per previous conversation.
    This was done, there's some information in the mail he sent,
although it's still not totally clear for me.

# Registration plan

  There's a proposal of allowing people to reserve their rooms themselves:
  http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf11/Registration#Reserving_your_own_accommodations_.28unsponsored.2FCorporate_attendees.29

  AGREED: Discuss registration system on mailing list, decision within
48 hours (prof. book with us vs prof. book with hotel)
   We don't have enough information now to have people book directly
with hotel without risk to us.

# Debian&DIVA agreement

   http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf11/NGOMoney describes the agreement
   AGREED: the agreement looks good, get it sent and let's move on

# call for papers

   gwolf said he'd work on this
   http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf11/CallForPapers is what we have so far
   gwolf can head this team, will get CfP out by this weekend

# Add FAQ page to website, and add all additional questions/answers

   http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf11/FAQ is a current wiki FAQ
   People from local team will add FAQ page to website, and link to
wiki, and other useful resources

# travel@debconf.org not working/what's happening with list of people
who need visas?

   visa@dc.o wasn't set up, should be set up now
   ACTION: darst makes sure that visa@ and registration@ get set up
properly (so that we can move on)

# Next meeting & Any other business

   We will have a poll for new meeting time
   Next meeting in two weeks

--
Besos,
Marga