Re: [Debconf-team] the 4000 or so EUR cash form dc9

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 08:33:19AM -0400, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 09:45:26AM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Since there's a DebConf meeting today, here's a status update: I'll be taking
> care of this tomorrow at roughly 1pm New York time (UTC-4). Since I have been
> too busy lately to go to Brooklyn to retrieve the money I needed to wait until
> my mother could bring it to near me, and this is the soonest I've been able to
> arrange that. I have confirmed that the Chase branch near me can accept a
> foreign-currency deposit of several thousand euros, so it should go smoothly.
>
> I will reply to this thread again once I know the exchange rate. Also, my
> original mail to this thread seems to be stuck in moderation still.

Roughly an hour ago I deposited the dc9 euros into SPI's Chase checking
account. The €3935 became $5208.76, for an exchange rate of 1.3237. This is
relatively good for a retail transaction; Google's mid-market average (ignoring
the bank's fee etc) was 1.4095. Even more importantly, the funds are now
deposited, trackable, spendable, transferable, etc.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@{debian,debconf,spi-inc}.org

P.S. - None of my mails in this thread seem to have made it through to -team.